After School Care, Clubs, and Summer Camps
After School Care at ABS
The Arts Based School is happy to offer an in-house after school care program, in addition to arts enrichment clubs and summer camps.
Our After School Care program is offered Monday-Friday, from the end of the school day until 6pm. More detailed information on After School Care is available in the Aftercare Parent Handbook.
After-School Music Clubs will begin during the week of September 18th, 2023. Music Clubs are open to 6th-8th grades only, and are free of charge.
Band Club will help students advance as musicians, prepare for high school marching or symphonic ensembles, or just have fun making great music together. Mr. Reichmeier will work with students in the 7th Street music room from 3:00-3:45 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. There is no fee to participate, but your child must rent or own their instrument. There is no limit to the number of participants who may enroll in after school band, but parents must enroll students via the link below. Registration opens at noon on Thursday, September 14. Sign up HERE.
World Percussion Ensemble
Mr. Reichmeier will teach a variety of percussion skills including West African djembe drumming, Afro-Cuban drumming and singing, and Brazilian samba drumming. Instruments will be provided (but will remain at school.) Percussion ensemble is limited to 20 students, on a first come, first served basis. Priority will be given to percussionists. After that, others will be permitted to join this all-percussion club. Enrollment for after school programs is online only, and will open at noon on Thursday, September 14. Sign up HERE.
Summer at ABS
ABS Summer Camps aim to spark curiosity, nurture friendships, and enable playful exploration. Our summer programming is an extension of the ABS philosophy of joyful learning through the arts, and we are committed to providing a fun, enriched, and diverse experience.
We are very excited to be able to offer a range of summer camps for 2023! Whether you’re hoping for a spot in Coach Bri’s P.E. Camp—or if sculpture, chess, legos, nature walks, or filmmaking piques your interest… we have options for you! All camp dates, details, and descriptions are available here. When you’re ready to register, please complete this form (one per child).
Here are a few F.A.Q.s…
- What is the cost of summer camp? All summer camps are $240 per week per camper.
- Can I register my child(ren) for more than one week of camp? Absolutely!
- Who can attend ABS Summer Camps? Any ABS students (North and South!) who want to have a great deal of fun with a few familiar faces.
- Do I have to pay the full cost of camp during the registration process? Nope. We will send an invoice. To secure your child's spot for summer camp(s), we ask you to please pay in full on or before May 10.
- What if my child misses a day due to illness? Please send your camp teacher an email if your child will be absent from camp. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer credit and/or refunds for days missed. If your child should miss an entire week due to illness, we will allow your child to attend a different week, provided space is available.
- What are the hours for summer camp? Camp hours are 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM with drop-off starting at 8:50 AM. You must pick up your child no later than 2:10 PM each day.
- Will my child travel off campus? No. There's plenty of fun to be had right here!
- Where will the summer camps be held? At ABS North. We will utilize spaces in both the MLK and 7th street building along with all outdoor spaces on campus.
- What does the daily schedule look like for my child? Each camp teacher will send a schedule to parents as we near the camp week.
- What will my child eat at camp? Whatever you pack! Please send lunch and a water bottle each day.